You may think you already have everything you need for high school, but after your first week, you realise there are so many things you really need but don't have. To avoid this (or if this has already happened and you want it to stop!), here’s a checklist to help you out. Whether it’s your first year of high school or you're in year 12 trying to chase your dream ATAR, it's likely something's going to be missing.
- Curve drawing template – if you have trouble drawing circles and curves (take note Maths Extension 2 students!), an approved curve drawing template like Mathomat can seriously help you
- USB/flash drive
- An online cloud account (e.g. Google Drive) - to help you move your notes and documents
- Pencils and eraser - especially for maths
- Lined notebooks - spiral if you like to rip things out as notes
- Grid notebook - if preferred for maths
- Small pack of tissues
- Mini stapler
- An approved calculator
- Plastic sleeves – to put loose notes and handouts you have to bring to and from school
- Pencil case - one big enough to fit everything (you may hate it if you buy one too small as you'll have to carry things separately and you may start forgetting things)
- Reusable water bottle
Lastly, what to bring and how much to bring varies from student to student so try to remember what you were missing from last term/year and be sure to buy those things too!
Jack Zheng | N° 66